The Queue System - How and Why

facha

Administrator
Staff member
Hey :)

Recently some users have been complaining about the recent implementation of the queue system, so I'll explain why we added it, how it works and what we plan for it

Why the queue?
Capacity Problems

Recently with the very large influx of new users and servers (we have observed an ~35% increase in new user signups and ~ 27% new servers per day) due to COVID-19 and a lot of players being at home and wanting to play.
We need to either allow this user in and try to give everyone a server the best we can, or lock new server creations and deny them access.

Why don't you just buy more nodes?
They cost money on a monthly basis, and unfortunately, we cannot spend this large amount of money at this time.
We would need to add a new node at least weekly, this on top of paying all other nodes on the pool and the whole infrastructure.
If you can purchase upgrades this will help us to get more nodes and expand our network.

Then why just not open the flood gates and let everyone in, but to the nodes you already have?
Everything would catch on fire, as you know Minecraft servers are heavy if we did this no-one would be able to start or use their servers.

So, how does the queue system actually work?
Please note that we are still tweaking this and this is subject to change as we see fit.

When you press the start button, if your server is "High Memory" the system will check the available resources on your node, if your node is not under high load then your server will start instantly as before without going into any queue.
If your node is currently under high load then your server start will go into a queue to be started as soon as server slots become available.
A slot becomes available when a server on your node is stopped, when this happens the server pending start on position 1 of the queue is started and everyone advances one spot.

Queue takes too long, any way it can be faster or I can cut the line?
What Im about to say is not live yet, but should be in the next days.

If your server has an active upgrade, and goes into queue then you will jump to position 1 of the queue, meaning your server will be the next one to start (if there are more than one upgraded server waiting then we start them on a first come first serverd basis)
You will also be able to "bump" your server start (meaning pushing it to a lower queue position) by spending some credits (actual values are not defined, but this is expected to be a low value like 1-3 credits so you can get them for free)

So, here some information to retain:
  • Queue is per node (each node has its own queue)
  • Queue at this time only affects "High Memory" servers
  • Queue only triggers if the node is currently under high load
  • A queue slot opens when a server on your node is stopped
  • Upgraded servers will be fast-tracked on the queue (Starting in a couple days)
  • You will be able to bump your queue position with a couple credits, that you can get for free (Starting in a couple days)
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment on this thread, it will remain open

OP
OP
facha

facha

Administrator
Staff member
As an update to this post, we have just deployed some further changes to the queue system that we hope will speed it up.

While "Always Online" servers are not subject to the queue system they were being counted on the queue trigger value, meaning they would be running without queue but still "locking" the slot in the queue for a very long time.

OP
OP
facha

facha

Administrator
Staff member
Users,

We just deployed some more changes to the Queue system, we have noticed that a lot of users were trying to start the server (going into the queue) then leaving the page (and not using the server when it came online)

For these reasons we made it so if you leave the control panel for more than 5 minutes, while you are waiting in the queue you will be removed from the queue to allow other active users to advance.
You will remain in the queue as long as you leave the control panel (dashboard or console) open while you wait.

The queue message has been updated to reflect this information.

1585151455474.png

CheesyDip

I would recommend making it so the person has to confirm they are there every 5 or 10 minutes, because someone could just leave the page open and it would just be an extra person to wait for. But I like this system way better than the other one you had in place. I had a lot of problems with the other queue system. Thanks for this!

Diregnoll

I would recommend making it so the person has to confirm they are there every 5 or 10 minutes, because someone could just leave the page open and it would just be an extra person to wait for. But I like this system way better than the other one you had in place. I had a lot of problems with the other queue system. Thanks for this!
In theory this is a nice idea but... With heavy load as it seems what if this que takes awhile (hour or longer.) You start watching netflix, playing siege, bathroom, hoarding TP at walmart... etc. You really don't want to get alt tabbed every 5 mins. It gets to being frustratingly annoying. I also don't see their paid customers being to happy for that either.

OP
OP
facha

facha

Administrator
Staff member
In theory this is a nice idea but... With heavy load as it seems what if this que takes awhile (hour or longer.) You start watching netflix, playing siege, bathroom, hoarding TP at walmart... etc. You really don't want to get alt tabbed every 5 mins. It gets to being frustratingly annoying. I also don't see their paid customers being to happy for that either.
If you have an upgraded server you are not subject to the queue at all

elmanocxd

It is very good or what you think but there is a problem it should give us faster access to those who already have time using the services it would be good to update the server but the problem as if we can not leave and the money is in affective as one does to update but the service is very good but it fails that it stays a lot I have already 5 hours waiting and it does not happen to me 4 of 7

OP
OP
facha

facha

Administrator
Staff member
It is very good or what you think but there is a problem it should give us faster access to those who already have time using the services it would be good to update the server but the problem as if we can not leave and the money is in affective as one does to update but the service is very good but it fails that it stays a lot I have already 5 hours waiting and it does not happen to me 4 of 7
Please use correct and understandable English, I have no idea what you just said

elmanocxd

I've been waiting a long time and it tells me in position 1 of 13
I have been waiting for it to start for almost 4 hours, I stay in position 1 of 13
It is not that their service is bad, it is not the best, I have been with their service for a long time and it is very good, it has offered me many hours of play, that is appreciated <3

Last edited:

spacequacker

General Support L2
Staff member
When there is the Queue this hosting is sucks. 6 Hours to wait for your server, I don't have words...
That is because of our users using our service. There are a lot of people using this service. Our servers need the queue to be able to have the servers that are online, online. If you dont like it, then donate nodes to us.

Desconocidogg

Your service is very good the truth, I have no complaints but I have been waiting more than 4 hours on verification and I do not leave the 3rd place and I have been waiting for some time. I saw a user say it could be paid and it would be nice to spend 50 points to be able to start it.

MineVal8

¿Dónde cambias los 50 créditos para acelerar la cola? // Where do you change the 50 credits to speed up the queue?

Lodein<3

i am wait for 24 hs for open my server and i in the first position and not be started so this function doesn't work or what

spacequacker

General Support L2
Staff member
Your service is very good the truth, I have no complaints but I have been waiting more than 4 hours on verification and I do not leave the 3rd place and I have been waiting for some time. I saw a user say it could be paid and it would be nice to spend 50 points to be able to start it.
You can use a paid plan to skip the queue or you can use always online. Unfortunately, there are a lot of servers that are online.

Dan_C.h

[QUOTE = "facha, publicación: 1065, miembro: 1"]
Oye :)

Recientemente, algunos usuarios se han quejado de la implementación reciente del sistema de colas, por lo que explicaré por qué lo agregamos, cómo funciona y qué planeamos para él.

¿Por qué la cola?
Problemas de capacidad

Recientemente, con la gran afluencia de nuevos usuarios y servidores (hemos observado un aumento de ~ 35% en los nuevos registros de usuarios y ~ 27% de nuevos servidores por día) debido a COVID-19 y muchos jugadores que están en casa y quieren jugar .
Necesitamos permitir que este usuario ingrese e intentar darle a todos un servidor lo mejor que podamos, o bloquear nuevas creaciones de servidores y negarles el acceso.

¿Por qué no compras más nodos?
Cuestan dinero mensualmente y, desafortunadamente, no podemos gastar esta gran cantidad de dinero en este momento.
Tendríamos que agregar un nuevo nodo al menos semanalmente, además de pagar todos los demás nodos en el grupo y toda la infraestructura.
Si puede comprar actualizaciones, esto nos ayudará a obtener más nodos y expandir nuestra red.

Entonces, ¿por qué no abrir las compuertas y dejar entrar a todos, sino a los nodos que ya tiene?
Todo se incendiaría, como sabes, los servidores de Minecraft son pesados si hiciéramos esto, nadie podría iniciar o usar sus servidores.

Entonces, ¿cómo funciona realmente el sistema de colas?
Tenga en cuenta que todavía estamos ajustando esto y está sujeto a cambios según lo creamos conveniente.

Cuando presiona el botón de inicio, si su servidor es "Memoria alta", el sistema verificará los recursos disponibles en su nodo, si su nodo no está bajo una carga alta, su servidor se iniciará instantáneamente como antes sin entrar en ninguna cola.
Si su nodo está actualmente bajo una carga alta, el inicio de su servidor entrará en una cola para iniciarse tan pronto como las ranuras del servidor estén disponibles.
Hay una ranura disponible cuando se detiene un servidor en su nodo, cuando esto sucede, el servidor pendiente de inicio en la posición 1 de la cola se inicia y todos avanzan un punto.

La cola tarda demasiado, ¿de alguna manera puede ser más rápido o puedo cortar la línea?
Lo que voy a decir es que aún no está en vivo, pero debería estarlo en los próximos días.

Si su servidor tiene una actualización activa y entra en la cola, saltará a la posición 1 de la cola, lo que significa que su servidor será el próximo en comenzar (si hay más de un servidor actualizado esperando, entonces los comenzaremos por primera vez). primer servidor base)
También podrá "aumentar" el inicio de su servidor (lo que significa empujarlo a una posición de cola más baja) gastando algunos créditos (los valores reales no están definidos, pero se espera que sea un valor bajo como 1-3 créditos para que pueda obténgalos gratis)

Entonces, aquí hay información para retener:
  • La cola es por nodo (cada nodo tiene su propia cola)
  • La cola en este momento solo afecta a los servidores de "Memoria alta"
  • La cola solo se dispara si el nodo está actualmente bajo carga alta
  • Se abre una ranura de cola cuando se detiene un servidor en su nodo
  • Los servidores actualizados serán acelerados en la cola (a partir de un par de días)
  • Podrá aumentar su posición en la cola con un par de créditos, que puede obtener de forma gratuita (a partir de un par de días)
Si tiene alguna pregunta o sugerencia, siéntase libre de comentar sobre este hilo, permanecerá abierto
[/ CITAR] A mí me pasa que no puedo iniciar mi servidor por que no carga cuando llega al 1 ahi se queda y quisiera que pueda mejorar eso

fairycraft

why do I have to wait 12 hours to activate my server, the system message says 6 of 12 (average wait time: 754 minutes). I do not think it takes all that time to activate 6 servers, it is illogical, and apart from the server it expires every 4 hours, it is little time, and in what I expect the 12 hours the server expires and I have to re-enter the queue
1590875897917.png

Top Bottom